Even though we are still in the cold clutches of Winter, the official start of Spring is just around the corner. This is the perfect opportunity to start thinking about Spring cleaning. A deep, thorough clean is beneficial to everyone in the household, especially allergy sufferers.
Spring Cleaning doesn't have to be a tedious chore; there are lots of ways to make the process easier and even fun. Here are a few tricks to help you clean your home from top to bottom:
- Have a plan - Take a look around your home, inside and out. Are there spots that need a little more work than others? If these areas haven't been tended to in a while, its an excellent place to start. Write down a schedule for each room and give yourself ample time to devote to each area. Spring cleaning doesn't have to be done all in one day.
- Take on the clutter - Studies have shown that clutter around the home can hurt our mental health. Dust loves clutter, and it is very unhealthy to be breathing it in! Go room by room an throw away any unimportant papers, boxes, or trash you might find. Donate items that are no longer needed and find a place for all knick-knacks that are stacked in the wrong place. Take a day to go through your closet, organize your office, and yes, even that catch-all junk drawer.
- Start at the top - When is the last time you duetted your ceiling fans, crown molding, or window seals? Grab a broom or vacuum and start with those areas first. This will knock all of the debris and dust to the floor for easier cleanup and avoid re-cleaning them again.
- Think green clean - You don't need harsh cleaners to deep clean your home. Mixing up a solution of distilled vinegar, baking soda, and water can go a long way when cleaning many areas. Steam is also a great way to clean without chemicals. Rent a steam cleaning or invest in a steam mop. The hot water will kill most of the bacteria and remove allergens from most surfaces.
- Don't forget walls and windows - Not all dust settles on floors and countertops, some dust and dirt end up on the walls, doors, windows, and blinds. Starting from the top, use a damp towel to wipe down the walls and blinds. Touch up paint can be used on stubborn wall stains.
- Add something new - After all the cleaning is done, it is fun to give your home a new look. It doesn't have to be anything drastic. Maybe a colorful new rug or new window blinds. Your home is your canvas, and you can create a unique and beautiful new look.
When all the Spring Cleaning is done, give yourself a good pat on the back and then call Bright Line Blinds to help give your home a stunning new look. The sky is the limit for windows these days, and we can help you find the right blinds for your home.